Pages

Friday, May 22, 2009

The Purple Shirt Story

This was first blogged about on another blog back in 2008. One of my favorites so I thought I would share it with you.


My wife is out of town with work for a few days. Before she left, she set out my work clothes because she doesn't like me to be embarrassed for my lack of knowledge of what colors go together.
I tried and tried to fall asleep last night, but due to the time change, my wife being out of town, and trying to listen for my mom's alarm to go off, I didn't get much sleep.
So when I woke up this morning, I was running a little late. This is rare for me, because I am usually very early. I checked on my mom, let the dogs out, and put on my brand new purple shirt. (Purple is my favorite color). I figured that I would put my tie on during the drive, when the traffic would make my car sit still on the freeway. That I did, and was pretty proud of the fact.
It is now lunch time, and I went to the restroom just now. My new shirt looked really weird. It looked like the left half of the shirt was about two inches lower than the right side. I sat there and moved it back and forth wondering how someone could have made it like that. I also wondered why the 20 or so people I had talked with hadn't noticed.
I returned to the restroom, and took a second look, seeing if I took off my tie, if it wouldn't be as noticeable. I figured out that that was the only solution, so I started to take it off, when I noticed that while driving and putting on my tie, I didn't button my tie to the collar buttons, but to my regular shirt button.
I know, it was dumb. It was dumber not to notice it when I went to the restroom the first time. I fixed it, and as I walked out of the bathroom, I noticed that I forgot my belt today also.
Honey, hurry home, I need you!

0 comments: