Pages

Friday, May 15, 2009

Future

People tell me all of the time that they are not happy. They hate their job, their spouse, their life in general. I always tell them that life is hard, it will get better. I went through a very bad divorce, and I thought at the time that my life was over.
It was not. I am better now for it. But I didn't realize that at the time. I left a job I loved because I wouldn't sign a non compete clause. It killed me to do so at the time, but it was the right thing to do.
If we build for the future, our futures will be bright. If we live with our heads in the sand, then we will always complain about how bad life has been, is, and will be.
I will tell you about the best two friends I have ever had. I will not give their names to protect them from my story telling.
The first one is married. Has been for over 20 years and is HAPPY. Very happy. In fact they can't say nothing but good things about their spouse.
The second friend was married for less than a year and divorced. That friend remarried and has been married for over 20 years now also. What would have happened if that person had given up because the first marriage did not work? That friend could be a sad old person holding grudges and living in the past.
Baseball players strike out and they get back in the batters box. Every quarterback throws interceptions, and every basketball player has sat on the bench.
Every wife has cried over something, and wondered if she has done the right thing.
But those that survive are the ones that get up in the morning, no matter how hard it is, and put their clothes on and take steps, even baby steps to get the day going.
It isn't easy or fair, but it will be worth it in the end.
I promise!

0 comments: