Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A B C D, I will figure it out!

I used to remember everything. It was scary how much I could remember. But in the last few years I have lost a lot of the memories for trivial things.
I used to know about every song and every singer, every t.v. show and every actor. Every movie and saying from them.
If I couldn't remember the name, the title, the show or movie etc., I would start a little memory reminder.
Say I was trying to remember who sang the song Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head. I once knew it and now I don't so I start with the letter A and sound out names, if nothing comes to me fast I go to the next letter, B and continue until I remember the name. Sometimes it is the first name, sometimes it is the last name and sometimes it does not come to me right off.
This drives people crazy that I do this, because sometimes I do it out loud. I got to T before I realized the singer for Raindrops. B.J. Thomas. Sometimes I would have caught it on B, sometimes on J, this time I didn't. Then sometimes I have to go through the alphabet a few times, or even more.
So I was just thinking, who cares that I wrote about this. Nothing came on A, B, C, D... hmmm I will keep trying.

0 comments: