Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Gift

I am sitting here right now and I am supposed to be editing my Christmas book, but I felt I needed to write this blog post.
There have been times in my life when I was close to failure, and there were times in my life when I was close to having huge successes. I personally know that we can have both, and I also believe that most of where we end up is because of how we treated others.
Some say that I have a gift with people. To make them better, to show them that they can do more and that they can succeed. I laugh at that, because I don't have any special talents, or skills. I only have hope.
Hope that I can live long, that I can live happy and that my family and friends will be taken care of. I have had the big house and the fancy car, and that isn't what was most important, and isn't the most important.
I am just as happy wearing $10 jeans, as the $200 jeans.
It isn't going to matter how much money we have when we go to heaven. It isn't going to matter if we drove fancy cars or lived in big houses. I believe that is how you treat others that will get you to the top, here on earth and in Heaven.
I have made some big mistakes in my life and I am a grouch, but I keep trying. One foot in front of the other, one day at a time.
Phil Vassar said it best when he said, Life is a Beautiful Thing. Now lets get out there and make it beautiful!

1 comments:

Jaycee Fox said...

Loved your post, and your philosophy! Definitely keep this blog up and I'll be reading : )