Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

4 Year Old Busboy

When I am at work, I have an hour for lunch, although I usually don't take on, or take only a 15 or 20 minute on. My favorite work restaurant is just on the other side of the freeway. It is a Mongolian barbecue restaurant. I usually stop there every couple of weeks.

They have the best busboy in the business. He is always happy, and he is the hardest worker I have ever seen in a restaurant. Did I mention he is 4.

He cleans all of the tables of the plates, drinks and messes after people leave, and he does it with a smile.

Today I gave him a dollar, and he showed me that ten or so other people did too. Next time I go back, I will bring him a gift, since he made my day. Now if I can only get him to teach my children to clean the table, my life will be a success.

2 comments:

Lovely Lisa said...

Mongolian barbecue is the shizzle. Have you been to the one next to Newgate Mall in Ogden? And what's up with the child labor laws in Utah... y'all startin' them young or what?

Doug Johnston said...

When I told my wife about the 4 year old, she said the same thing.