Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012


The upside of driving is I get to see my son everyday, and the downside is that I sleep in a truck going 62 miles an hour and don't get to come home much. Oh and there is the chaining up in the winter. See the photo.

Wow has it been forever since I blogged. I hope to do better. Since my last blog so many things have happened in my life. The most important is that I became a grandpa in May of 2010. He just turned two.
I sold my first book, and that was a good/bad thing all rolled up in one. I will talk more about that at a later time.
I left the newspaper business after being an owner for 11 years and the Managing Editor until March of 2011.
After I left the paper I was looking for work and my son Nick asked if I wanted to drive a semi with him. I didn't think long and said yes. I should have thought it over longer.
Between us we almost have 400,000 since last October. Not bad for six months of driving. We have made it to 46 states, and now drive a Walmart/Sams route in Utah, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada and Washington State.
I am in the middle of writing two non fiction books. One I have talked to many of you and spoke to many of you about. It is on surviving childhood sexual abuse. The other is a book on truck driving, and I wouldn't have been able to write it if I wasn't doing this job at this time.
I promise I will start writing again. I have seen so many things, people and places and I would love to tell you about them.


0 comments: